Wednesday, March 24, 2010

everyone is so goddamn nice in this city. ever have a long, random, friendly conversation with a coffee shop worker or convenience store clerk? an old man on a streetcar? i feel absolutely welcomed and immersed by everyone i meet. i guess it's always easier to learn things from strangers. when you stay in one place for a long time you learn fewer ands fewer new bits of information about it. and the people in it.

I do miss sara a hell of a lot. good thing i'm sleeping on a couch here. i'd feel completely out of place in a bed. i also miss tuesday and the baby rats. but mostly sara. she's made such an impact on me. i'm so glad i've found this feeling. apple better start working on a teleportation device soon...

i'm resting my feet (another long walk today. gumbo and a creole chicken po-boy) -- bought some perique american spirits from a head shop (almost bought some of that weird incense) and got a coffee at Fuel (this little place on Magazine) attended by a young girl with colorful scarves, cat glasses, and a wool hat.)

Not sure what's going on tonight. I might take a streetcar into the quarter. I might stay here and drink. I've got reading to do.

I love this goddamn city.

No comments: