Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Miscommunication and people sucking at debate.

Apparently it's debate day in my Ethical Theory class. I vaguely remember being separated into groups to prepare for debating an ethical issue, but I don't remember hearing anything more from my professor or my assigned group about it. I think everybody is in the same boat as I am, because when Gomes called for "Group 1" to go up and debate in front of the class, everyone was confused as to who the hell "Group 1" was. At least now I know that I need to get in touch with my group members and prepare for next week. Miscommunication has never paid off more.
So the group is talking about abortion and one thing is for certain: these people suck at debating. They're using speculative statistics and personal opinion. It's "life begins at birth vs. life begins at conception," "I read this, 'studies' show," and all that other bland garbage that debate coaches instruct you to stay away from. It's kind of funny.

Wish you were here,

PL Munn

No comments: